Ivalis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Patrolling"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Twilight
Administrator

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:08 pm

Blaze walked slowly along the fence of his 20-acre home. He had just gotten up in the warm summer sun and decided to go out and play with the cows a bit. The cows were always fun to chase around, as long as the bull wasn't around. He raised his head and crouched down in some weeds when he spotted a small group of cows. There weren't any calves or bulls, and there were only three here.

He dashed out of the bushes, running toward the cows. He barked playfully as one of them ran. The others didn't even seem to notice. He chased it until it got tired and turned around. It charged at him and he turned tail and ran back. The cow finally gave up chasing him and went back to join the others. He watched it go and finally he sat down looking across his huge yard.
Back to top Go down
https://ivalis.rpg-board.net
Bluestar
Young Child
Bluestar

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:21 pm

Star walked around in the bushes near the pasture where the cows grazed. As long as the farmer's guard dog wasn't there, she was free to hunt. Her orange and white head poked through the bush. Only three cows stood. In her sight, she couldn't see the guard dog. Star had not come for the cows, but the mice that wandered the cow pasture. She lied down in the grass, it often took long time for mice to run in her direction. Her pup-like eyes caught the sight of one, but it was near a cow. Star chose to go for it. Her small, pup-like body took off. Jaws opened, it looked like she was going for the cow. Wrapping her jaws around the mouse, she looked at the cow in front of her, It started to freak out. The wolf-like mutt ate the mouse, and padded away from the cows freaking out. Until her eyes saw another dog. The guard dog.
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Administrator

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:01 pm

Blaze was focusing on a tasty-looking pigeon not far off, when he saw a sharp movement out of the corner of his eye. He saw the cows panicking; running around in circles and making loud, distressed moo's. He got to his paws and scented the air, but the wind was blowing toward the cows, so it was useless.

He walked to the cows, trying to make out what was causing them to panic, then he saw another dog who was going after one of them. He drew his lips back in a snarl as he saw it look up at him. He ran straight toward it, barreling into it and managing to pin the dog down. He never kills anyone, he always gives them a chance to leave. He could have killed it right there, but instead he asked, "What are you doing here?" in an angry tone, his teeth still bared.
Back to top Go down
Bluestar
Young Child
Bluestar

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:59 pm

Star was pinned down by the gaurd dog. It all had happended so fast. Her heat beat fast. Was this gaurd dog going to kill her? "Feeding off field mice. I ment your cows no harm, they freaked when I got a little too close." She said with a little blood on her teeth from the mouse. Her breathing was quick and shallow. She looked at the german sheperd, he was much larger than her. Star wasn't in the condishion to pick a fight. Her eyes looked into the males. They say the eyes are the window to the soul, yet his eyes didn't seem like those of a killer.
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Administrator

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:15 pm

Blaze snorted then stepped off of the female. "Get out of here before the farmer sees," he said, motioning with his head toward a small gap in the fence. "He'll be here any moment now to see what the commotion was. If your still here, he'll shoot you." He turned and slowly walked back toward the farmers house, going to meet him there.
Back to top Go down
Bluestar
Young Child
Bluestar

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Star was very grateful that the dog had let her go. She rolled over onto her feet and started walking, still listening to the male talk. Her eyes widened at him saying that the farmer would shoot her. Wolf-like mutt stopped in her tracks, and turned around. "Why would he shoot me?" Star said cocking her head at him. She had never understood why humans shot strays. Maybe he would give an answer. But many have ignored her before.
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Administrator

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:39 pm

Blaze stopped and turned around, "Because he thinks you'll steal his cattle. The farm was ruled by wolves before, the would come in and kill the cows and sheep. So he got me and there haven't been any ever since I ripped that one wolf's ear off..." he said, remembering the first day he got here.
Back to top Go down
Bluestar
Young Child
Bluestar

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:00 pm

Star set her head up strait. "But, I'm not a wolf.... Or even part wolf." Though she didn't know her parents very long, she knew them long enough to know they were not wolves. She though about what he he said. Tearing a wolf's ear off? The tone in his voice, felt like he accomplished something and was proud of it. The expression on his face said it too.
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Administrator

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:04 pm

"I've seen him shoot at anything that gets too clost to the cows. If the cows panic, I trap whatever is causing it, and he comes. I never let him actually kill it though, I always let them get away in time. But sometimes they are stupid enough to go after another cow, so the farmer ends up shooting at it," he added.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Administrator
WildWind

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:39 pm

Angel walked along the fence, her almost solid black coat shimmering in the sunlight. Her muscle lines moved powerfully and sleek. She crawled underneath the fence and began to chase a cow calf as she noticed the other Shepard was distracted. SHe raced after it, the cows scrambling away from her. She tried to bite it's leg, but only scrathed it.
Back to top Go down
http://wotd.fantasyboard.net
Twilight
Administrator

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Blaze was disrupted by more cows panicing. The farmer was on his way, and by now he was almost here. Blaze immediately turned and pelted after whatever was causing the cows to panic. There he saw another shepherd chasing a cow calf, its mother too far away to catch up. He bared his teeth and dashed in, bowling the dog over and getting it away from the calf.
Back to top Go down
Bluestar
Young Child
Bluestar

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Star watched as the male bolted, going after the other dog. She seemed to just sit there and watch. At first, the mutt had not noticed the farmer walking over to see what had happened. The movement caught her eye. Star didn't know what to do at first. "The farmer's coming!" Female barked at the two others. She didn't leave, forgetting there was a hole in the fence, Star panicked. Her head beat fast, mouth was slightly gaping. Frozen in fear.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Administrator
WildWind

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:09 pm

Angel was disturbed from her hunting as the other Shepard trampled her. "Oh, will you please get off?" She said, pushing him off slightly and gently. She stood to her paws and shook off the dirt. "See what you did? Now I'll have to go hungry; Like I'm not starving now!" She growled, continuing her speech. "And I'm only here anyways because those dang humans took away my deer in the woods back there. It's because of them I'm causing them trouble!" She explained, walking away from the dog. But she stopped, hearing the farmer come outside. She turned her head to him, and dashed off to the fence, struggling to escape.

But Angel was a bit stuck, and was having a hard time fitting through the small hole. She pushed with her back paws and pulled with her fore ones, but it didn't help; She was stuck.

Angel turned her head back to the other side of the fence, trying to fit back inside. But it was hopeless, she was stuck.
Back to top Go down
http://wotd.fantasyboard.net
Twilight
Administrator

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:18 pm

Blaze growled angrily at the shepherd, but it didn't matter. At least she was leaving. When he saw the farmer he almost walked up to meet him, until he saw that the two other dogs weren't gone yet. He hesitated, not knowing what to do, and finally ran for the closest dog- Star. He pushed her gently, but hard enough for her to move. "Go!" he yelled at the dog, nudging her to the hole. He looked over to the hole in the fence and sighed as he saw that the shepherd from earlier was stuck. He froze, not knowing what to do. The farmer was alredy here and he was walking toward him and the two dogs.
Back to top Go down
Bluestar
Young Child
Bluestar

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:24 pm

Star felt him nudge her, and him shout 'Go!' She bolted tward the hole in the fence. Learning to take advantage of her small size. Once she had made it to the gate, Star saw that a dog was stuck in it. But, how was she going to get her out? "I'm here, but I don't know how to get you out." Her breathing was fast. Brown eyes looked back and hoped the farmer didn't shoot her. But, she was quick, if he did shoot, would Star get away?
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Administrator

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:42 pm

Blaze watched her go, and he turned around to face the farmer. Maybe he could stall him long enough for the two to make it out. He walked over to the farmer and jumped up on him. Blaze wasn't suprized to see that the farmer had a gun. A small pistol. The farmer pushed Blaze away and continued walking in the direction of the two dogs. 'What is he going to do? Shoot them?' Blaze thought, staying where he was. The farmer took aim, but with his failing eyesight he shot the fence instead, making the hole bigger. "Run now!" Blaze barked as the farmer took aim again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Patrolling" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Patrolling"   "Patrolling" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Patrolling"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ivalis :: The Town :: Farmland-
Jump to: